Thursday, July 3, 2008

Charo's Best Contribution to the World

Okay, so I went out to dinner tonight in Cambridge (a bit of a hike, but it proved to be worth it) at this really neat restaurant called Cuchi Cuchi (yes, from Charo's catchphrase, thus the title of this entry). The food was awesome - it was served "straight-up" (lots of little portions to share with everyone at your table), so I naturally ate twice my body weight in food - couscous, mushroom risotto, Gratin Dauphinois (cheesy, creamy potatoes), marinated mushrooms, Asian salad, fried artichoke hearts, and a Mexican deep fried tomato. Good stuff, I tell you. We ordered four desserts - cheesecake, chocolate cake, French Banana Bread Extravaganza, and a "Cornucopia," which was basically fresh fruit with some creamy stuff served in a cone-shaped wafer-thing, thus the name.

The whole experience was just fantabulous - from drinks to food to dessert to the sugar cubes that were served with the coffee (not being a coffee drinker, I satisfied myself with eating four sugar cubes, straight up. I should have outgrown this taste in, oh, fifth grade, but I didn't).

So, yeah. If you're in the Cambridge area and you're looking for a really unique "dining experience" (to put it like a real restaurant reviewer and not just an overstuffed, sugar-addicted blogger), Cuchi Cuchi (http://www.cuchicuchi.cc/) is definitely a place to check out (if you don't mind prices that are a bit on the steep side).

No comments: