Monday, March 29, 2010

La vie en France: It's all about the numbers

1 = number of phones I bought today (hurrah! phone-less no more!)

2 = the amount of phone numbers I have for said phone (it has to do with SIM cards and getting 5 € of free pay-as-you-go minutes...that's all.)

45 = minutes I spent sitting in McDonald's outdoor café today

4 = number of times I was asked for money by people begging as I sat outside ("Je n'ai pas des espèces! Je suis desolée!").

1,90 € = cost of a McDonald's cheeseburger in France (about $2.55 in the US)

1 = number of items on the French McDonald's menu called a "Chicken Shake" (We think it's like a shake-and-bake kind of deal: chicken with breadcrumbs and spices.)

1.5 = hours I spent in McDonald's taking advantage of the free wifi to plan potential spring break trips (Greece! Et peut-être les autres pays!)

5 = number of tries it took me to unlock the door to the apartment, even with my host mother coaching me from the other side

3 = number of pages I have to read (in French, obviously) before tomorrow

4 = days until my first potential trip out of Lyon (peut-être to the south of France! Ooh là là!)

8 = days until my birthday (just deposit the money in my bank account, thanks) =)

2 comments:

Kyle T said...

$2.25! no euro menu there?
and the chicken shake thing is umm different. not sure if how i feel on that

limmeansforest said...

I love numbers.