Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Odes to College Life (So Far)

I'm feeling poetic today, so I figured I'd go back to my true literary calling: haikus. I did them once before (about working at the MB) with great success (honk honk*), so why not do some more?

(*the sound of me tooting my own horn)

Of course, I haven't worked at the Basket in, oh, four weeks on account of the fact that I now live two hours away from it, so I needed to find a new topic, and that new topic is college living. So, without further ado...

Ode to the Drunk People Outside
I know you like beer
I know you like to party
But I want to sleep

Ode to My MacBook
It took me awhile
To learn how to copy/paste
But it's all good now.

Ode to the Weather
When I don't have class
Sun shines. When I do have class
I walk in the rain.

Ode to Drill
Seven-forty five:
"Parlez français avec nous!"
Shoot me, s'il vous plait.

Ode to My Mini-Fridge
You make weird noises
But you hold all my junk food
So I love you lots.

Second Ode to My MacBook
I procrastinate
But now with my new MacBook,
I do it way more.

Ode to Febreeze Extra-Strength Spray
Without you, Febreeze,
My dorm room would still smell like
Dust and sweaty feet.

Ode to My Parents
I love you so much!
Life's not the same without you!
Please send more money!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no way! my mini fridge makes weird noises too..only i love it because it holds the milk which i use when i make tea/hot chocolate! Maria

Michelle Marrocco said...

Renee, I must say: you are far superior to Christian. "Why?" you ask? Simply because you update your blog and provide me with amusing reading material to lift my spirits. I mean, after all, how chipper can one be after resigning oneself to selling french fries for a living?

Renee said...

Chellie, you're selling French fries now? Where?

And what happened with your old job?

And oh yeah, I miss you.

And to Christian, if he's reading this - "Nanner nanner nah-nah! Your girlfriend likes me better!"